About Me

My photo
Hello, My name is Ester. I absolutley adore Jesus! He is the center of my life. I am nothing without him. He has allowed a dream of mine to come true. I've always wanted a little boutique. I've been praying for the right time, the time is now! I am the mother of 3. I love my children, they keep life so exciting. I homeschool and I have one in traditional school. I love to craft, it could be a full time job. I love it that much. I like sewing, baking, bow- making, and all things family! I am married to my highschool sweetheart, you can read about that on my other blog. www.loveinmyhouse.blogspot.com.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Taking Care of Me!!!

I am really praying about some of the missing links when it comes to marriage.  I am thinking about some of the things that I was never told but it would have been helpful.  I really, really, really want the families want marriages to work and for families to be restored.  My list is very practical and some information may even be taken for granted.
1.  I had to learn how to be a good housekeeper. It did not come natural for me.  I kept my room clean but the entire house?? I had to pray and pray for it to become natural.
2.  Working out and keeping myself "hot" so to speak.  No one ever told me how important it was to stay attractive and healthy.  Of course healthy has obvious benefits.  However being fit and in shape has benefits too.  I think its important to be sexy for our husbands.  Men are physical creatures, they like things that look appealing to them.  I don't think we need to get hung up on the looks but keep it in mind.
3. What to wear to bed!! Now this was huge.  I got married at a young age.  My favorite thing to sleep in at that age was a t-shirt and sweats.  I didn't know the importance of keeping it spicy!!  Granny undies are not cute!!!
4. Becoming one with my mate.  I was told that we were to become one but I don't think I fully understood what that meant.  I didn't understand what equally yoked meant.  I thought I did but no one told me to support my husband when I disagreed with him.  I wasn't told to always speak highly of him (even when I agreed with what was being said).  I wasn't told how important it was to rebuke people (even family) when they spoke badly of my husband. 
5. I wasn't told that when I become a mom, how easy it would be to forget about being a wife.  I remember a couple at my church telling their children that they (the children) were just passing through but it was important for them as the parents to make time for each other.  I never understood that, but now I do.
This is just a small but important list of things I wish I had know BEFORE I got married.  I want to tell every woman and young wife about some of the things it takes to be wife and become one with a husband.

Lord help me in every area that I am weak.  Help me in every area that I struggle.  My heart is open to transformation.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment