About Me

My photo
Hello, My name is Ester. I absolutley adore Jesus! He is the center of my life. I am nothing without him. He has allowed a dream of mine to come true. I've always wanted a little boutique. I've been praying for the right time, the time is now! I am the mother of 3. I love my children, they keep life so exciting. I homeschool and I have one in traditional school. I love to craft, it could be a full time job. I love it that much. I like sewing, baking, bow- making, and all things family! I am married to my highschool sweetheart, you can read about that on my other blog. www.loveinmyhouse.blogspot.com.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 11, 2013

Budget and bananas!

I don't like the word BUDGET.  It makes me feel weird, the hairs on my neck stand up when I hear the word.  I am thrifty spender (but I am thrifty a LOT) I find great deals everyday!  The "Mr." and I had THE  talk.  Yep, about my thriftiness!  He was gentle ( I could tell he was trying to take it easy on me)!!! I asked if he wanted me to take out the calculator he said, "NO, but take out ALL of our bills and pull up your personal account" Ummm, do I really to pull it up?? Can I just give you and overview?? Do you have to itemize my account??? Yes, I round down and not up when I tell you how much I spent at the store!!!  IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY THAN THIS???  I had to pull it together and NOT have a tantrum like I wanted to have.  We're taking family trip to Ocean City in a couple of months, My car is not being nice to me and we may be moving.  So in addition to EVERYTHING else we needed to have this talk.

After tonight's conversation (that felt more like interrogation) I realize that I might in fact may be an emotional eater.  I have had 2 or maybe 3 (who's counting) slightly large servings of banana pudding.  I'm drooling as I type.  Here is my recipe.  This is not the kind your grandma made.  It's a variation of Paula Deans banana pudding.
My recipe is the same but I use Nilla wafers instead of the cookies that she uses.  This is one of our favorite desserts.  It's one of the ones I make as I am welcoming spring!! 
Not Yo Mama’s Banana Pudding
After my serving or 2 I was much nicer, and more pleasant about the BUDGET talk.  I just needed to add a little sugar to it, sugar makes everything better. (except my hips)!!
If you need me, I'll be home this week because I'm on a budget!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy do I love this post, not because I like to read about your distaste for all things "budget" related, but because I could have written it! Infact, I did!! 2 years ago my hubby and I started a budget, this was after about 6 years of marriage and squeaking by without one!! I am SO GLAD we started it!! I get more joy out of following a budget than my husband does and that is something I never thought I would be able to say!! That recipe sounds great too by the way!

    ReplyDelete