About Me

My photo
Hello, My name is Ester. I absolutley adore Jesus! He is the center of my life. I am nothing without him. He has allowed a dream of mine to come true. I've always wanted a little boutique. I've been praying for the right time, the time is now! I am the mother of 3. I love my children, they keep life so exciting. I homeschool and I have one in traditional school. I love to craft, it could be a full time job. I love it that much. I like sewing, baking, bow- making, and all things family! I am married to my highschool sweetheart, you can read about that on my other blog. www.loveinmyhouse.blogspot.com.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

All or nothing kinda girl

Can I say I have TOTALLY been freaking out about being a "good wife"!! I have really embarked on this journey and I'm blogging about it.  I have days that are good and days that aren't so good.  But as I pray and seek God I can see his goodness.  I am seeing the fruits of my labor (in prayer).  Oddly enough seeing God work so quickly and efficiently is a bit scary at times.  I'm like WOW that was FAST.  God is really doing this, I am shouldn't be surprised (and I'm not) I think amazement is a better word to describe this journey.  What I realize after talking to "my ladies" is that I can not do this in my own strength, this has everything to with me relying on God to get it all done.  I am not a "good wife", mother, friend, prayer partner, student, teacher and etc outside of God.  I am only as good as my relationship with him.  Finding my JOY in the Lord is what gives me strength to do all the things required of me.  I was talking with my sister today and I was sharing with her my fears and perhaps hesitations.  She suggested having a talk with the "Mr." about the non-negotiables.  The things that he would absolutely want me to focus on concerning our family.  I think the idea behind this is often we as women get all caught-up in things the we "think" matter but really don't in the bigger picture.  I wanted to share that with you all just in case you needed it. This is so true for so many ladies.  We can totally lose sight of what's important, like playing with our kids.  Side note- if you're more like me than like my sister I want to speak to you.  I am all or nothing kinda gal!! Things like that don't work for me because I use it to my advantage, like a get out of jail free card.  SOOOO, my advice to you mostly me Pray, pray, pray and pray that the Lord gives you convictions for his priority in your life.  Let His spirit guide you on what it takes to be the best at whatever he has called you to.  I need to master certain things pertaining to keeping a home so I know he has me focusing a lot on managing my home.  However, this too can get me off balance that I forget the other things. So in addition to mastering this area I must still seek him for balance in other areas!! Thank God for grace.
The crew and I enjoying a bike ride on the greenway with the "Mr."  it was such an awesome day for a ride.  Now, if only we had bikes (the Mr. and I) !


No comments:

Post a Comment