About Me

My photo
Hello, My name is Ester. I absolutley adore Jesus! He is the center of my life. I am nothing without him. He has allowed a dream of mine to come true. I've always wanted a little boutique. I've been praying for the right time, the time is now! I am the mother of 3. I love my children, they keep life so exciting. I homeschool and I have one in traditional school. I love to craft, it could be a full time job. I love it that much. I like sewing, baking, bow- making, and all things family! I am married to my highschool sweetheart, you can read about that on my other blog. www.loveinmyhouse.blogspot.com.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Singleness

My Valentine's Mantle
 


I know this is a hard day for many single friends.  I am sure a lot of my single friends are tired of hearing the "encouragement" from well meaning folks!!  It's hard to know what to say to people waiting for their mate.  I have been single, I have been married, I have been single while married and married again.  I have been there, done that.  I know how the enemy tries to come in and steal joy, sow doubt, increase insecurity and make you give up.  The enemy always tries to magnify the things we struggle with.  He tries so hard to get us to doubt God and his promises.
Dear Father,
Thank you so much for singleness, thank you for this time of preparation for things to come.  Thank you for this time alone with you, the most high God.  Help (me) my friends as they wait on you.  Prepare(me) my friends for their mate and prepare their mates for them (me).   I know that the mate you've hand picked for my friends is your best for them(me).  Let them (us) see your beauty in this season of life.   Your timing is perfect because you are perfect!  You know all things from the end to the beginning.  I speak joy, peace, love, wisdom, and patience over my friends.  Give them the encouragement they need to get through this season of life.  Speak to their hearts and guide them through and to the plan for their life.
Amen


This was written by singer Mandisa on her facebook page.  I thought it was very beautiful and I pray that it encourages your heart. Single, married or in between.

Dear future husband:
Happy Valentine's Day! We haven't met each other yet (at least I don't THINK we have), but there are a few things I want to say to you on this day that celebrates love.

Sometimes I wonder if you pray for me like I pray for you. I do, ya know. A lot! I used to just get depressed wondering what in the world was taking you so long! But God has been doing such an amazing work in ...my life over these last few months. I am learning to rest in the fact that He is our Holy Match-maker. If He hasn't introduced us yet, He has a good reason for it. So rather than sulking in my loneliness, I decided to turn those longings into prayers instead.

I pray that He is making you into the man He created you to be when you were still in your mother's womb. I intercede specifically for wisdom, vision, meekness and humility. I ask his Holy Spirit to empower you to live a life of purity in this often sensual-driven society. I believe He wants you to be a man that loves His Word, His people, and His Presence, so I pray for those desires to trump all others. And among so much more, I pray that God would give you eyes for me. That you will recognize me as "your rib" and pursue me as such.

Until that day, know that I am allowing God to make me into the woman He created me to be. I hope you'll pardon me for not believing you are my better half. I was made whole when Jesus became the Lord of my life 20 years ago. But that's a good thing, because I don't need you to complete me. Our love and marriage will be based on the will of God, not my neediness. As a matter of fact, I will not be crying my eyes out watching a chick flick by myself (or with my life-long friends "Ben & Jerry") tonight. I will be celebrating love with a bunch of fellow single sisters in Nashville, and across the globe as they join me online at an event I started called "Galentines"! I'll be singing, dancing, and resting in God's present plan for my life. I'll also be praying for you. So Happy Galentines Day, my future husband. I already love you as my brother in Christ. Sorry I gotta go! I need to start my hair, makeup, and raid my closet for something to wear tonight (I'm working on not being so high-maintenance...but at least your wife will be cute)!

No comments:

Post a Comment