About Me

My photo
Hello, My name is Ester. I absolutley adore Jesus! He is the center of my life. I am nothing without him. He has allowed a dream of mine to come true. I've always wanted a little boutique. I've been praying for the right time, the time is now! I am the mother of 3. I love my children, they keep life so exciting. I homeschool and I have one in traditional school. I love to craft, it could be a full time job. I love it that much. I like sewing, baking, bow- making, and all things family! I am married to my highschool sweetheart, you can read about that on my other blog. www.loveinmyhouse.blogspot.com.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2013

The high calling....

Have you ever been called to do something that you did not want to do???  Well, I kinda feel like that right now!!!! I have weighed the cost and decided that I might not be willing to pay the price.  I feel like the rich younger leader in the bible that asked Jesus, " What must I do to follow you" Jesus told him to get rid of all his things and then he could follow him.  The young man went away sad because he wasn't willing to pay the cost.  He missed out on what God may have had in store for him.  When I logically think about my choice, of course I would NEVER be the one that didn't follow. However, when truly look at the situation at hand I know that I am no better than the guy that couldn't let go of the things that defined him.  I am not talking about my salvation (although that was the story in the bible)!!! I been called to do something that is a selfless act of serving.  This act may cost me everything or could gain more than I ever lost, the possibilities are endless as to how this story could end.  I keep thinking to myself that obedience is better than sacrifice.  Obedience is BETTER than sacrifice!!!
All things work together for the GOOD of those that love God and are CALLED according to his purpose. 
Will I choose to answer the call?

No comments:

Post a Comment